Benefits of using a receipt maker
Instead of working hard, we should work smart! The smart thing is to use the right tool for the job, a receipt maker!
When you use Invoice Simple’s receipt maker you save yourself a lot of time and effort. Here are some of the reasons why:
- The app saves your clients and items, having them ready for use the next time you’re making a receipt
- Organize your receipts without needing to put in any additional time in
- Use a professionally designed receipt template that’s compatible with printers and mobile devices
- See an overview of your business at a glance, without any effort
- Know when customers receive your receipts
- Get notified when customers view your receipt
- and many more amazing benefits
Alternative to using a receipt maker
You may have heard about using a simple excel or word receipt template to make your receipts. Using those applications is fine at the start but when you get to making your second or third receipt you’ll realize that you’re wasting a lot of your time on repetitive tasks. For example:
- You need to duplicate and rename your original file every time you want to make a new receipt.
- There’ll be moments of intense frustration! Since Word and Excel aren’t made for designing these sorts of documents and they’ll refuse to do what you want them to do.
- You end up re-typing client and item details even though you’ve sent them a receipt before.
- It’s a hassle to organize and find old receipts.
- If you want to know how much you’ve billed over a certain period you’ll have to open up every single file and manually add up the totals.
This is time you spend doing administrative work. Time that you’re not being paid by anyone to do. My guess is you didn’t start your own business to do administrative work.
More receipt templates
If at the end of the day you still feel like the receipt maker isn’t for you, you can always fall back onto traditional methods. We’ve created a selection of commonly used receipt templates to help with that.
Any questions or comments? Feel free to reach out to us.
Frequently asked questions
Can I put my own logo on the receipt template?
Yes. Click on the logo box in the top right corner. From there, you can either upload the logo for your receipt template, or simply drag and drop it into place. JPEG and PNG images are supported.
How do I send my receipt?
You can email your recipt, download a PDF copy, or share your receipt as a link, all using our receipt maker. If you email your receipt directly from Invoice Simple, we’ll notify you when your customer views the receipt — useful for following up with them later. If you send a link to your customer, they can download or print the receipt from the link.
Will my clients see 'Invoice Simple' on my receipts?
Never. Regardless of whether you have a registered account or not, your generated receipts are always 100% unbranded.
Can I generate a PDF receipt?
Absolutely. The PDF button on the right side of the receipt maker lets you instantly download a PDF receipt that you can save for your records or send to your customer.
Can I change the currency?
Yes. Our receipt maker should detect your currency automatically. However, if you want to make a receipt in a different currency, you can easily change currencies using the Settings panel on the right.
Can I save my receipt and customer details?
Yes. Your receipts are automatically saved to your receipts list. There is also a clients list where customer information is automatically saved to.
As a freelancer, how do I make a receipt for time?
What works well is to put your hours into the quantity field and your hourly rate into the price field. The receipt maker will then calculate the amount for you.
Is this receipt maker free?
Your first three receipt are totally free. You do not need an account or a credit card to start sending. After your first three receipt, there is a flat monthly fee of $2.99 USD that allows you to generate unlimited receipts.
How do I charge taxes using the receipt maker?
If you'd like your receipt to include taxes on top of your prices, use the Settings pane on the right to enable taxes. You can also enter a tax rate and label.
What about line items that already have tax applied?
If your prices already include tax, and you'd like your receipt to show the amount of tax included, then select the Inclusive? checkbox when enabling taxes.